EDUCATING EMPLOYERS FOR TODAY AND TOMORROW
The goal of the Stanislaus County Employer Advisory Council (SCEAC) is to promote a stronger partnership between the Employment Development Department (EDD) and the business community of Stanislaus County. SCEAC members are a cross section of local employer volunteers who join with EDD staff to assist the employer community to do business more effectively and to promote communication.
Our focus as a community-based organization is to the employer community and to business owners and their employees who make up our diverse community.
The SCEAC’s Board of Directors is a diverse group of professionals who work hard to engage experts in the field of employment law to provide important information about hot topics that affect the employment relationship.
2021 CEAC “Outstanding EAC Chairperson” Award
Stanislaus County EAC Chair: Lourdes Uranday
As a member of the SCEAC you will receive the following benefits:
- Access to the Management Hotline to obtain legal assistance regarding employer-employee issues.
- Current information on the new legislation and regulations affecting employers.
- Reduced fees for seminars.
- Opportunity to network with other business owners and professionals.
- A voice in EDD procedure and policy through a direct link to EDD’s management.
- Membership in the California Employment Advisory Council
When you become a member of the Stanislaus County Employer Advisory Council (EAC), you join forces with employers across the state who want to stay up-to-date, network with other professionals, find ways to expand their businesses, and have a voice in shaping employment and training programs in their community.
- $99 Annual Corporate SCEAC Membership
- $49 Annual Individual SCEAC Membership
- CLICK HERE to Download Your Membership Application
For membership information or to be placed on our mailing list please contact:
EDD Coordinator – Sarah Muller
Employment Development Department
The Stanislaus County EAC offers numerous workshops and seminars designed with your business in mind. Provided in partnership with the Employment Development Department (EDD), these workshops and seminars will keep you up-to-date on current issues, trends, and legislation that affect your business.
Topics covered include:
- EDD programs and services
- Labor market conditions
- Labor law
- Personnel issues
- Payroll tax
- Unemployment/Disability Insurance
- and more
Who Should Join?
- Business owners
- Corporate managers
- Human resources managers
- Office managers
- CPAs, CFOs, and treasurers
A Statewide Network
When you become a member of the Stanislaus County EAC, you also become a member of the California Employment Advisory Council (CEAC). The CEAC is a nonprofit, statewide umbrella organization for more than 50 local EACs throughout the state. The CEAC and local EACs are recognized by state and federal government as important information resources on employment and workforce development issues. The EACs also support local workforce development efforts including sponsorship of job fairs and veterans’ outreach programs and scholarships for local youth.
As a member of the Stanislaus County EAC you will receive the following benefits:
- Access to the CEAC Management Hotline to obtain legal assistance regarding employer-employee issues
- Access to the CEAC Conflict Resolution Help Line to assist in resolving conflict, communication, and behavior issues within the workplace
- Current information on new legislation and regulations affecting employers
- Reduced fees for seminars
- Opportunity to network with other business owners and professionals
- A voice in EDD procedure and policy through a direct link to EDD management
- Participation in EDD surveys and focus groups
- Membership in the CEAC
- Earn HRCI credit hours
- Earn SHRM PDCs
Make a difference in your business and community. Join the Stanislaus County EAC today.
To learn more about the California Employer Advisory Council, visit: www.ceac.org
Stanislaus County EAC
P.O. Box 374
Modesto, CA 95353