Outstanding California EAC 2018, 2013, 2009 and 2002
Welcome to our website!
The Santa Clara County EAC is composed of employee volunteers representing a cross section of business and industry. EAC’s were developed to promote a stronger partnership between the California Employment Development Department (EDD) and the business community.
Our Mission Statement
To provide local employers with education relevant to employers’ concerns, a better understanding of the resources available through the Employment Development Department (EDD) and the California Employer Advisory Council (CEAC) and a vehicle by which to have impact on EDD programs.
Renew or Join Today!
Membership benefits include:
- Compliance-related seminars and resource information to help you stay current in operating your organization in California. Plus, members receive the discounted seminar rate for all organizational attendees.
- SHRM & HRCI credit available for seminar offerings.
- Free unlimited access to the CEAC Management Hotline to obtain legal assistance for a variety of employer-employee topics such as Leaves of Absence, Terminations, and so much more. The hotline consultant is staffed by an attorney with more than 30 years’ experience in human resources and employment law.
- Conflict resolution consulting services on an on-call basis at no cost for any workplace relationship, conflict, communication, or behavior issues.
- Excellent opportunities to network with quality speakers, human resource professionals, and business owners
Renewing your membership or joining is easy. There are three convenient ways to pay.
Online – Go to our website and pay online via PayPal. Click here for details.
Mail – Complete our membership application and mail it with your check. Check back soon for further information.
Onsite – Drop by the registration desk at our next seminar, submit your membership application, and pay by credit card or check. Check back soon for further information.
If there is anything we can do to enhance your membership experience, our Board is here for you. Please contact us with any questions or concerns. We look forward to hearing from you.
New members sign up today for $99:
- Membership for 2020
- Cost to attend seminars in 2020, is $50 per person except Dec
- Free unlimited access to CEAC management hotline for legal advice
- Free “Conflict Resolution” consulting services
- SHRM & HRCI credits
Santa Clara EAC – Independent Contractor – What You Need To Know!
- Date: Tuesday, January 28, 2020
- Time: 7:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Biltmore Hotel and Suites
2151 Laurelwood Road
Santa Clara, CA 95054
California’s new law requires employers to treat independent contractors as regular employees unless they meet a three-part test.
Independent contractors must be free to perform their work as they wish, must be in a different line of work from the company contracting with them, and must operate their own business.
Ashlee Cherry, Attorney with Hoge Fenton
Represents clients with employment law needs ranging from wage and hour disputes and wrongful termination to disability and leave issues. She is also experienced in litigating and resolving disputes. Ashlee is a board member of the Santa Clara County Employer Advisory Council (EAC).
Jenn Protas, Attorney with Hoge Fenton
Helps employers navigate numerous employment laws. She defends employers on matters related to wage and hour law, wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, and retaliation in single-plaintiff litigation, and Private Attorney General Act actions. Her practice includes housing discrimination matters, and business litigation.
Thomas Baity, Director with Partners Personnel
Tom has 10+ years of staffing industry experience and currently manages the business development team for Partners Personnel a professional division, which focuses on professional staffing in IT, Engineering, Finance, and Accounting. He was appointed by the Mayor of Sunnyvale to serve on the Board of Directors for NOVA. NOVA is a nonprofit, federally funded employment and training agency that provides customer-focused workforce development.
Santa Clara EAC Coordinator
Rachel Rojas, Employment Program Representative
Employment Development Department
Workforce Services Field Division
Phone # 408-216-6081