Outstanding California EAC 2018, 2013, 2009 and 2002
Welcome to our website!
The Santa Clara County EAC is composed of employee volunteers representing a cross section of business and industry. EAC’s were developed to promote a stronger partnership between the California Employment Development Department (EDD) and the business community.
Our Mission Statement
To provide local employers with education relevant to employers’ concerns, a better understanding of the resources available through the Employment Development Department (EDD) and the California Employer Advisory Council (CEAC) and a vehicle by which to have an impact on EDD programs.
Santa Clara County Employer Advisory Council invites you to the annual holiday lunch seminar Tuesday, December 6, 2022, at 11:15 a.m.
2023 Annual Employment Law Update
What a difference a year can make. Many employers were required to shut their doors and establish a remote workforce. The road to reopening has been filled with restrictions, starts, and stops. Join William Betley, partner with Atkinson, Adelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo to discuss lessons learned from the 2021 and 2022 pandemic.
He will focus on employer concerns and best practices for the new work environment. The program highlights topical issues as COVID-19 operational concerns, preparing for upcoming COVID-19 related employee claims, and a look at new legislation with practical applications to limit employer liability in the coming year.
When: Tuesday, December 6, 2022
Time: 11:15 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
Where: Delta Marriot Hotel – Santa Clara, CA
- 11:15 a.m. Registration
- 11:45 a.m. Welcome and Plated Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Program Begins
- 1:30 p.m. Closing Comments
- 1:45 p.m. Adjourned
William Betley was admitted to practice law in California in 1984. He practices in all areas of employment law, including unlawful harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination, employee classification, and wage and hour issues. Mr. Betley is a frequent speaker on numerous employment issues, chairman of the Inland Valleys Employer Advisory Council, current Region 7 vice president and former president of the California Employer Advisory Council.
Mr. Betley is listed in the National Registry of Who’s Who for Attorneys in the United States.
Renewing your membership or joining is easy and there are two convenient ways to pay.
- New and current members sign up today for $75
- Enroll by December 31, 2022, to receive the discounted fee of $75 and a $10 Amazon Gift Card
- Effective January 1, 2023, the fee increases to $99.
- Membership covers you until the end of 2023.
Benefits to become a member
- Free access to CEAC management hotline. The hotline provides general employment law information on a wide variety of California employment topics. You are allowed 12 calls per year, up to 15 minutes per session.
- Free “Conflict Resolution” consulting services. The help line provides assistance to you on conflict, communication, and behavior issues.
- Receive document for SHRM & HRCI credits.
- Compliance-related webinars and resource information to help you stay current in operating your organization in California.
- An opportunity to help local veterans and give back to the community. EAC donates to various local non-profit organizations serving the needs of the community.
- Given the pandemic environment, the fee to attend a webinar for non-members will be $20. New pricing goes into effect January 1, 2023.
- The cost for live seminars will be determined at a later date.
- To enroll: https://www.ceac.org/region-2/santa-clara-county-eac/
- If you have any questions, please call Rachel Rojas, EAC Coordinator at 408-216-6081, email: [email protected]
On behalf of the EAC, we urge you to continue to practice the proper procedures for living with this pandemic. Be well and safe!
Santa Clara EAC Coordinator
Rachel Rojas, Employment Program Representative
Employment Development Department
Workforce Services Field Division
Phone # 408-216-6081