Outstanding California EAC 2018, 2013, 2009 and 2002
Welcome to our website!
The Santa Clara County EAC is composed of employee volunteers representing a cross section of business and industry. EAC’s were developed to promote a stronger partnership between the California Employment Development Department (EDD) and the business community.
Our Mission Statement
To provide local employers with education relevant to employers’ concerns, a better understanding of the resources available through the Employment Development Department (EDD) and the California Employer Advisory Council (CEAC) and a vehicle by which to have impact on EDD programs.
Renew or Join Today!
Membership benefits include:
- Compliance-related seminars and resource information to help you stay current in operating your organization in California. Plus, members receive the discounted seminar rate for all organizational attendees.
- SHRM & HRCI credit available for seminar offerings.
- Free unlimited access to the CEAC Management Hotline to obtain legal assistance for a variety of employer-employee topics such as Leaves of Absence, Terminations, and so much more. The hotline consultant is staffed by an attorney with more than 30 years’ experience in human resources and employment law.
- Conflict resolution consulting services on an on-call basis at no cost for any workplace relationship, conflict, communication, or behavior issues.
- Excellent opportunities to network with quality speakers, human resource professionals, and business owners
Renewing your membership or joining is easy. There are three convenient ways to pay.
Online – Go to our website and pay online via PayPal. Click here for details.
Mail – Complete our membership application and mail it with your check. Check back soon for further information.
Onsite – Drop by the registration desk at our next seminar, submit your membership application, and pay by credit card or check. Check back soon for further information.
If there is anything we can do to enhance your membership experience, our Board is here for you. Please contact us with any questions or concerns. We look forward to hearing from you.
New members sign up today for $99:
- Membership for 2020
- Cost to attend seminars in 2020, is $50 per person except Dec
- Free unlimited access to CEAC management hotline for legal advice
- Free “Conflict Resolution” consulting services
- SHRM & HRCI credits
Santa Clara Co EAC is concerned about the health and safety of our members per the latest guidance from the Santa Clara Co Public Health Department, we are cancelling the March 24th seminar at the Biltmore Hotel – “Developments Impacting Benefit Plans in 2020”. In lieu of the breakfast seminar, we are offering a WEBINAR at no cost to you.
Santa Clara EAC – WEBINAR
- Date: Tuesday, March 24, 2020
- Time: 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Location: Webinar
- Register for Webinar Link – CLICK HERE
Liliana Salazar, Esq.
Chief Compliance Officer
Pacific Region, Employee Benefits
Liliana is responsible for addressing public and private employers’ health and welfare responsibilities under federal and state laws and city ordinances. She works closely with HUB’s service teams and clients to develop short- and long-term strategies that will allow clients to remain in compliance while addressing clients’ financial and human capital needs.
She interacts with regulatory agencies such as the Department of Labor, the Internal Revenue Service, the U.S. Treasury Department, the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Department of Health and Human Services, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and state insurance departments to discuss the applicability of laws and regulations to group health plans.
Liliana possesses 20 years of experience in addressing the compliance and regulatory needs of employers and their group health plans, to ensure their compliance with the HIPAA Privacy, Security, and HITECH Act rules, GASB 45 obligations, and more recently the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA or ACA).
David Setzkorn, MBA, CPCU
Vice President, Absense & Workforce Productivity
David Setzkorn, Vice President Absence Management, has over 10 years experience working in the carrier space as a subject matter expert on Leave Administration. His experience includes consultation and development of Absence Management programs with clients from implementation, training and ongoing compliance with state and federal regulations.
In addition, David served as a liaison among clients, sales/service, administration, legal, and compliance. In addition, he is a nationally recognized speaker working with organizations such as DMEC, IBI, SHRM and ISCEBS to deliver trainings and content regarding FMLA, ADAAA, Paid Family Medical Leave and state and municipal leave programs.
David is a graduate of Arizona State University with a Bachelor’s of Science in Purchasing and Logistics Management and an MBA with an emphasis in Project Management. He also holds a Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation along with multiple certifications in IT and Operational Management. He lives in Phoenix, AZ with his wife and 5 children.
Preparing your benefit programs to deal with COVID-19 (medical and disability plans)
- How does COVID-19 impact measurement periods, COBRA, and Cafeteria Plans?
- CA SDI and Unemployment Insurance- COVID- 19 considerations
- FMLA, CFRA, PFL and sick leave- rules to follow
- Reasonable accommodations under the ADAAA and CA laws
Santa Clara EAC Coordinator
Rachel Rojas, Employment Program Representative
Employment Development Department
Workforce Services Field Division
Phone # 408-216-6081