The purpose of the San Mateo County Employer Advisory Council (EAC) is to advise the EDD of means by which to provide effective employment services that are responsive to the needs of our local communities. The Council is also an avenue by which managers keep abreast of current trends and practices in the areas of personnel, administration, and management.
The EAC provides managers and others with ideas and information to profitably serve their organizations and themselves, and to strengthen their management competence and professional growth. At the chapter level, fellow members share knowledge and experience on a wide variety of issues.
Local EAC chapter meetings offer an opportunity to develop a broad base of personal contacts with other members concerned with similar issues. The result is an exchange of ideas of inestimable value.
- Wednesday, January 24, 2018 – Adapting to Employment Law changes in 2017/18
- Wednesday, February 28, 2018 – Creating a Conscious Intentional Culture
- Wednesday, April 25, 2018 – Cal-OSHA Violation Defense
- Wednesday, May 23, 2018 – Negotiating the Bermuda Triangle: Employee Leaves of Absence in California
- Wednesday, June 27, 2018 – Crucial Conversations – How to Stay Out of Legal Trouble
- Wednesday, August 22, 2018 – Conducting an Effective Internal Investigation
- Wednesday, September 26, 2018 – Bridging the Communication Gap
- Wednesday, October 24, 2018 – Cleaning House: Getting Policies and Practices Ready for 2019
In 2017, the San Mateo County EAC is sponsoring monthly seminars from highly regarded employment law and human resources experts. The schedule of events are as follows:
Please click on the hyperlinked date and register for the current seminar.
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017 – Labor Law Update 2017
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017 – Fair Pay Act
- Wednesday, March 22, 2017 – Strategic Hiring and On-Boarding for Keeps
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017 – Conducting an Effective Internal Investigation
- Wednesday, May 24, 2017 – Wage and Hour
- Wednesday, June 28, 2017 – Employee Handbooks, Tips and Best Practices
- Wednesday, July 26, 2017 – What to Do When Emotions Disrupt at Work
- Wednesday, August 23, 2017 – Behind the Doors of the HR Office
- Wednesday, September 27, 2017 – Compliance with CalOSHA (California Occupational Safety and Health Administration)
- Wednesday, October 25, 2017 – Affordable Care Act – a comprehensive update
- Monday, December 4, 2017 – Sexual Harassment Prevention and Awareness Training (breakfast seminar 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. in Burlingame)
For more information please contact Hans Boehm at [email protected] or call 650-688-6332.
Employers are invited to become members of the EAC. The 2017 membership dues are $55 (a portion of the proceeds sponsor the San Mateo County EAC Scholarship Program, designed to encourage and assist individuals to further develop their education or careers). Benefits of membership include:
- Free access to the Management Hotline, a consultation service provided by an employment law attorney
- Reduced cost to attend all of the seminars (see list of events above)
- Free and immediate assistance listing your job openings on the CalJOBS system (EDD)
- Free space and assistance with EDD for recruitment, interviewing, and placement efforts
- Opportunities to network with other business professionals
- Discount on all compliance posters, including the new USERRA poster required by the Veteran’s Benefits Improvement Act of 2004
- And many more..
Click here for the San Mateo County EAC Membership Application.
Please download the San Mateo County EAC Membership Application, fill it out and mail it to the address on the application. Your Membership is activated as soon as we receive your PayPal payment (see below).
Pay for Company Membership online below with PayPal (membership valid for current calendar year).
For questions contact SMC-EAC Program Coordinator Hans Boehm
Tel.: (650) 688-6332