Welcome to Employer Advisory Council Monterey Bay!
The Employer Advisory Council (EAC) Monterey Bay is comprised of employer representatives conducting businesses throughout the Monterey County. In Partnership with the Employment Development Department (EDD), the EAC helps employers do business more effectively and efficiently. The EAC provides educational seminars to employers about relevant employment issues, increases employer knowledge of EDD programs and services, increases cooperation and communication between EDD and the private sector, and identifies ways to improve EDD services.
Topic: Preventing Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
Date: June 16, 2017
Time: 7:30am – 12:30pm
Location: Grower-Shipper Association, 512 Pajaro St, Salinas, CA 93901
Speaker: Kristine O’Dell
This seminar will focus on sexual harassment training, which will include a certificate of completion. Kristine O’Dell will provide you with the most up to date state and federal regulations to keep the workplace free of harassment. The two hour training, which will be provided in both English and Spanish, will comply with California Law (AB 1825) requiring all employers with 50 or more employees to train supervisors every two years. Not only do your supervisors need to know what they can and cannot do; they also need to understand their vital role in keeping the company informed of potentially risky situations. We will discuss many issues, including the following:
- Information and practical guidance regarding federal and state regulations
- Prohibition, prevention, correction and remedies of sexual harassment in employment
- Different kinds of sexual harassment and how to recognize
- How supervisors should respond in a variety of situations involving sexual harassment complaints, or potential sexual harassment conduct
Members can register online through the Eventbrite website:
Membership in the EAC Monterey Bay is open to employers conducting business in Monterey County. There is no membership fee.
Membership Benefits enable employers to:
- Stay current with changes in employment law through expert speakers at general membership meetings.
- Receive assistance on a variety of employer/employee relationship topics through access to a California Employer Advisory Council (CEAC) management hotline.
- Network with peers in the business community.
- Have a voice in EDD procedure and policy through a direct link to EDD’s management.
- Plan and attend seminars and workshops about Job Services, Employment Tax, Disability Insurance, Unemployment Insurance, equal employment opportunity, personnel administration, and other business-related issues that meet employer needs.
For more information about membership and seminars, contact:
Employment Development Department
730 La Guardia Street, Salinas, CA 93905
(831) 755-3286 phone
(831) 758-3606 fax
Board of Directors
Pan American Insurance Agency
Agricultural Personnel Management Association
Salinas Valley Builders Exchange
Salinas Valley Chamber of Commerce
Sabor Farms, LLC