Welcome to Employer Advisory Council Monterey Bay!
The Employer Advisory Council (EAC) Monterey Bay is comprised of employer representatives conducting businesses throughout the Monterey County. In Partnership with the Employment Development Department (EDD), the EAC helps employers do business more effectively and efficiently. The EAC provides educational seminars to employers about relevant employment issues, increases employer knowledge of EDD programs and services, increases cooperation and communication between EDD and the private sector, and identifies ways to improve EDD services.
Hiring, Discipline and Discharge
Tue, September 18, 2018
Corral de Tierra Country Club
81 Corral de Tierra Road
Corral de Tierra, CA 93908
This fast-paced interactive presentation will focus on how to legally and effectively interview and hire qualified, trustworthy employees and reject the “bad apples”. The presentation will also outline best practices for handling employee complaints, investigating employee misconduct, and imposing discipline, up to and including termination. It is targeted at large and small employers wanting a primer on starting, maintaining and terminating the employment relationship to mitigate and avoid the risk of litigation and, most of all, to foster a safe workplace for your employees.
7:30am-8:00am-Registrationa and Breakfast
8:00am-8:05am-Introduction, Dean Callender
8:05am-10:15am-James Gumberg and Ignascio Camarena
- Effective and Legal Interviewing;
- Use of Background Checks; and
- Best Practices: Looking Beyond the Interview to Avoiding Discriminatory Hiring Claims
Discipline and Discharge
- Internal Complaint Investigation and Documentation –What Your Lawyer Wants to See in Your File;
- Unique Considerations for Discipline/Discharge for Attendance Issues;
- Dealing with High Risk Terminations; and
James K. Gumberg and Ignascio G. Camarena II
$30 Early Registration/$30 Late Registration
Employers can register at the Eventbrite website
Membership in the EAC Monterey Bay is open to employers conducting business in Monterey County. There is no membership fee.
Membership Benefits enable employers to:
- Stay current with changes in employment law through expert speakers at general membership meetings.
- Receive assistance on a variety of employer/employee relationship topics through access to a California Employer Advisory Council (CEAC) management hotline.
- Network with peers in the business community.
- Have a voice in EDD procedure and policy through a direct link to EDD’s management.
- Plan and attend seminars and workshops about Job Services, Employment Tax, Disability Insurance, Unemployment Insurance, equal employment opportunity, personnel administration, and other business-related issues that meet employer needs.
For more information about membership and seminars, contact:
Employment Development Department
730 La Guardia Street, Salinas, CA 93905
(831) 755-3286 phone
(831) 758-3606 fax
Board of Directors
Pan American Insurance Agency
Agricultural Personnel Management Association
Salinas Valley Builders Exchange
Salinas Valley Chamber of Commerce
Sabor Farms, LLC