Welcome to Employer Advisory Council Monterey Bay!
The Employer Advisory Council (EAC) Monterey Bay is comprised of employer representatives conducting businesses throughout the Monterey County. In Partnership with the Employment Development Department (EDD), the EAC helps employers do business more effectively and efficiently. The EAC provides educational seminars to employers about relevant employment issues, increases employer knowledge of EDD programs and services, increases cooperation and communication between EDD and the private sector, and identifies ways to improve EDD services.
SB 1343 Sexual Harassment Training
Thursday, August 8, 2019
Spreckles Veterans Memorial Building
90 5th Street
Spreckles, CA 93908
If you have 5 or more employees, you must provide training to everyone every two years, starting this year!
New Senate Bill 1343 expands the 2005 Sexual Harassment requirement to employers with as few as five employees and requires 1 hour of training for non-supervisors in the mandate (the use of any subcontractors or 1099 employees can push an employer over 5). Employers must meet the new requirement by no later than January 1, 2020.
One of the most difficult aspects of the new requirement is that the trainer must be “qualified.” This new legislation represents a big change to the past requirements, which applied only to supervisors with employers of 50 or more workers. Before the January 1, 2020 deadline, California employers must provide:
- Supervisory employees with two hours of sexual harassment training, and then every two years
- Nonsupervisory employees with one hour of sexual harassment training, and then every two years
- Seasonal and temporary employees with one hour of training within 30 calendar days or 100 hours, if they work less than six months
- Additional training to employees who are promoted to supervisors. Training must take place within six months of supervisors starting their new positions.
- This training fulfills the requirement for non-supervisory employees. All participants will receive a certification upon completion.
Employers can register at the Eventbrite website:
Membership in the EAC Monterey Bay is open to employers conducting business in Monterey County. There is no membership fee.
Membership Benefits enable employers to:
- Stay current with changes in employment law through expert speakers at general membership meetings.
- Receive assistance on a variety of employer/employee relationship topics through access to a California Employer Advisory Council (CEAC) management hotline.
- Network with peers in the business community.
- Have a voice in EDD procedure and policy through a direct link to EDD’s management.
- Plan and attend seminars and workshops about Job Services, Employment Tax, Disability Insurance, Unemployment Insurance, equal employment opportunity, personnel administration, and other business-related issues that meet employer needs.
For more information about membership and seminars, contact:
Employment Development Department
730 La Guardia Street, Salinas, CA 93905
(831) 755-3286 phone
(831) 758-3606 fax
Board of Directors
Pan American Insurance Agency
Agricultural Personnel Management Association
Salinas Valley Builders Exchange
Salinas Valley Chamber of Commerce
Sabor Farms, LLC