Welcome to Contra Costa County Employer Advisory Council’s Homepage
What is the Contra Costa County Employer Advisory Council?
The Contra Costa County Employer Advisory Council is a non- profit corporation. The purpose of the Advisory Council is to:
- To facilitate communication and support between EDD and employers to convey the services available, such as employment services, management aids, tax and unemployment insurance and other relevant information.
- To host educational seminars, workshops and events
- To sponsor scholarship and community programs and projects
- To provide a forum for employers to network and share best practices
In partnership with the California Employer Advisory Council and the State of California Employment Development Department, we will provide Bay Area employers with information and resources to enable them to operate more effectively and efficiently.
- Membership in the statewide California Employer Advisory Council
- A Management Hotline for your labor and employment law questions
- Discount on EAC breakfast seminars and training
- 20% Discount on compliance poster products
- Scholarship Program for members and their families
- Business marketing and networking opportunities
- Continuing education credits for HR Professionals
- Contact with a local EDD liaison
- Volunteer opportunities
Contra Costa EAC – The Hidden Untapped Talent Comes with Benefits
Date / Time
Wednesday, November 7, 2018
8:00 am – 11:30 am
Willow Pass Community Center
2748 E. Olivera Road, Concord, CA 94519
Learn how to access the hidden talent:
- An untapped talent pool of motivated workers looking for a career change, entering a-new, starting young, restarting as they’re young-at-heart, overcoming disabilities and distractions.
- Talent from a wide range of sources such as the outsourced, career seekers, job transitioners, Veterans, the re-entry, the rehabilitated, vocational training programs for the young, re-skilling programs for the young-at-heart
- A ready workforce with skilled training, personal and professional development
Learn about the benefits of hiring the aspiring workforce:
- Tax credits, bonds, subsidies, business advising and business development
- Expert training and advice on business and employment best practices, guidelines, and compliance
- At mostly no cost
FREE Admission– Breakfast provided!
Speakers and Panelists include Employers: Safeway, Whole Foods, California Home Spa Service, D&D Security, and Allied Universal, who will give you real world examples of how to deal with the many complexities of finding and hiring skilled workers. The panelists are from diverse industries and sizes with a common goal to develop a great workforce in their organization.
- The Workforce Development Board of Contra Costa County, and the Employer Advisory Council of the Employment Development Department Representatives and their Partners will be there talk about the Benefits of Hiring.
- Employees will share their journey, the skills they learned, the people who believed in them, the process they went through to get hired, and the job opportunity they were given to grow and develop personally and professionally.
- With what the audience will learn, they will be inspired and equipped to access the hidden untapped talent, and the benefits that comes for all.
Featured Speakers include:
- Whole Foods
- Allied Universal
- California Home Spa Service
- D&D Security
- The Workforce Development Board of Contra Costa County
- The Employer Advisory Council of the Employment Development Department
Membership runs from January through December, and is by company, not individual. Membership dues are $60.00 paid annually.
For membership and seminar information, please contact:
Chris Calacsan, EAC Coordinator
You can pay for your annual membership dues at the following link: Pay Here