Western Ventura County EAC – Union Awareness – What Management Needs to Know
Date / Time
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Attendees will learn the ins and outs of union organization during the Biden Administration. Topics include how to respond to a union campaign and what employers should avoid doing. Lou Cappadona and Susannah Galiano will also discuss pending pro-union legislation and potential changes to the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA).
Topics to Include:
- The Pro Act (Protecting the Right to Organize) and its impact on unionized and non-unionized employers
- Possible pro-labor policies through executive orders, appointments to leadership at the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), and pro-union NLRB rule-making
- Union organizing in the private sector and possible sweeping changes to the NLRA
- The NLRA’s application to non-union employers’ handbooks, arbitration agreements and use of corporate email systems
- Union structure in America
- Why unions can seem attractive to some employees
- What to expect during a union organizing campaign
- The union election process
- Management “TIPS” to respond to a union campaign
- The NLRB Election Process
$27 Members and Nonmembers
Lou Cappadona and Susannah J. Galiano, of LightGabler Law
Lou Cappadona, of LightGabler Law, is an AV-rated attorney in Martindale Hubbell and has more than 50 years of experience covering a broad spectrum of employment and traditional labor law matters. Lou represents employers before federal and state agencies, advises in labor union matters, counsels and employers in labor union matters, counsels employers in preventative law and develops personnel policies and employee handbooks.
Susannah J. Galiano, of LightGabler Law, represents employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, including discipline of employees, counseling and documentation, and defense of employment discrimination charges. Her litigation experience includes all areas of employment law, focusing on wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, retaliation and unfair business practices.
For more information or to register please contact:
Peter Rosales at [email protected]