Santa Clara County EAC – Employee Benefit Mandates in 2023 and Beyond
Date / Time
Tuesday, June 20, 2023
8:30 am - 9:45 am
2023-06-20 08:30:002023-06-20 09:45:00America/Los_AngelesSanta Clara County EAC - Employee Benefit Mandates in 2023 and Beyond
Santa Clara County Employer Advisory Council
invites you to attend a webinar on Tuesday, June 20, 2023
"Employee Benefit Mandates in 2023 and Beyond"
Join Sonya Gordon, Esquire, Compliance Manager for the HUB International Pacific Region as she presents an educational session for employers on employee benefit mandates. Sonya will also discuss:
- Prescription drug and data collection reporting- Lessons learned from 2022 reporting and what to expect in 2023
- Affordable Care Act reporting- Internal Revenue Service action and best practices to avoid penalties
- Future of preventive care services post -Braidwood vs. Becerra decision
- Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute fee upcoming reporting deadlines
- Other federal enforcement actions
- California State updates
When: Tuesday, June 20, 2023
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
Where: Virtual/Online Event
- 8:30 am to 9:30 am - Welcome and presentation begins
- 9:30 am to 9:45 am - Questions, answers, and closing comments
- REGISTER HERE
- No cost for 2023 members // $20 cost for non-members
Speaker: Sonya Gordon
Sonya is an experienced legal compliance supervisory professional with a demonstrated history of working for the public sector, multi-employer plans, and the healthcare industry. She is skilled in the federal Employee Retirement Income Security Act health and welfare plan advice and counsel and healthcare reform reporting, disclosure, and research.
Sonya joins HUB International’s Pacific Region after more than five years with Sterling Administration as their compliance manager. There she had oversight of the health and welfare plan legal compliance workgroup, providing legal research on Employee Retirement Income Security Act, Affordable Care Act reporting and compliance, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, nondiscrimination testing, and related issues as they applied to client health and welfare, Premium Only Plan, Flexible Spending Account and Health Reimbursement Arrangements Plans.
She has also worked for San Francisco’s Trucker Huss Law Firm, the Neyhart, Anderson, Flynn, and Grosboll law firm, and at the Employee Benefits Security Administration, the Department of Labor agency that focuses on enforcement of federal laws governing health and welfare plans. At the Employee Benefits Security Administration, Sonya was a Healthcare and Pension Plan investigator/auditor and a benefit advisor.
Online Registration Link