San Fernando Valley EAC – Workplace Safety/Workplace Violence Protection, Prevention and Policies!
Date / Time
Thursday, April 6, 2017
7:15 am - 11:30 am
15725 Parthenia St.
North Hills, CA 91343
In this informative seminar, a variety of topics will be discussed to educate you about the services and resources available to promote safety in the workplace, and prevent workplace violence. Cal/OSHA Consultation Service Area Manager Dan Leiner will present on Workplace Safety; Business and Employment Attorney Richard Grey from Law Offices of Richard Grey will present on Workplace violence from the HR and policy perspective; and Los Angeles Police Department Sergeant Kyle Campbell will present on what to do in the case of an active shooter. With years of experience in their respective fields, these three professionals will share with you their experience, provide resources and suggestions that can be applied to your business.The following topics will be covered in this seminar:
- Reducing the likelihood of Workplace Violence
- Economic Consequences
- Practical Prevention Actions
- Workplace Restraining Orders
- The New Workplace Violence Prevention in Health Care Regulation going into effect on April 1, 2017 and its Main Requirements
- The Injury and Illness Prevention Program [IIPP] and Workplace Violence
- Cal/OSHA Enforcement and Consultation Services
- Cal/OSHA Frequently Cited Regulations
- Active Shooter Preparedness
April 06, 2017 | Thursday
- 007:15 a.m. | Registration, Check-in, and Breakfast [served until 8:15 a.m.]
- 008:00 a.m. | Welcome and EDD announcements
- 008:15 a.m. | Cal/OSHA Presentation
- 009:00 a.m. | Workplace Violence Presentation
- 010:15 a.m. | Break
- 010:30 a.m. | Active Shooter Presentation
- 011:30 a.m. | Program Concludes
15725 Parthenia Street
North Hills, CA 91343
- $75 | Early Bird Registration for each attendee ends 03/17/17.
- $85 | Member Registration between 03/18/17 and 03/31/17.
- $95 | Non-Member Registration between 03/18/17 and 03/31/17.
- $100 | All attendees after 03/31/17 | At the door.
NO REFUNDS. Attendee substitutions may be permitted.
With years of experience in their respective fields, Cal/OSHA Consultation Service Area Manager Dan Leiner, Business and Employment Attorney Richard Grey from Law Offices of Richard Grey, and Los Angeles Police Department Sergeant Kyle Campbell will share with you their experience, provide resources and suggestions that can be applied to your business.
For more information or to register please contact:
Maria "Alex" Alexander at [email protected]