Sacramento EAC – Wage & Hour Panel and AB 1825 Training: Updates on California’s New Wage Laws and Manager Compliance Training
Date / Time
Tuesday, April 25, 2017
7:30 am - 3:00 pm
Sacramento State Alumni Center
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819
Please join SEAC's panel of wage and hour experts for this workshop exploring the wage and hour issues faced by employers once they get beyond the big questions of whether an individual is a contractor or employee, and whether the employee is exempt or non-exempt.
Compensation for non-exempt employees presents several questions for employers, such as:
- How is working time calculated?
- How is overtime calculated?
- How is the overtime rate calculated, especially if an employee has two rates of pay?
- How should missed meal and rest periods be addressed?
And more discrete questions including:
- How is reporting time and a split shift calculated and paid?
- How should working time be tracked and what are the risks with time-clock rounding?
Navigating through these issues can be very tricky and result in unanticipated financial liability for employers. SEAC’s panel of experts will address these questions and more at this informative workshop!
Breakfast is provided. Lunch will be provided for those staying for AB 1825 training.
*3.75 HRCI (California) credit hours approved.***PARKING IS AVAILABLE ADJACENT TO THE ALUMNI CENTER.
PARKING FEE IS INCLUDED IN THE REGISTRATION FEE**
Space is limited. Register by April 21.
No refunds after April 21.
Both Sessions: $130 members / $175 non-members
Session 1 only: $90 members / 125 non-members
Session 2 only: $50 members/ $75 non-members
For more information or to register please contact:
Melissa Ford at [email protected]