We urge your participation on a local level as a California Veteran Representative and have outlined several ways your EAC participation could be of value to the veteran community:
- Each EAC select a local California Veteran Representative and forward mailing information to: Dr. Cal Farmer, Chairperson, or Claire Hope-Farmer, Co-Chair at
CEAC Veterans Committee
1372 El Lazo Court
Camarillo, CA 93012
Phone: (805) 987-3118
Fax: (805) 987-0048
- Each California Veteran Representative plan local EAC participation in the annual California Veteran Appreciation Week in November.
- Recognize local employers who have contributed to the hiring of veterans. Contact your local EAC Coordinator for more information.
- Each California Veteran Representative attend the veterans’ annual awards breakfast at the CEAC Annual Conference where employers from across California are recognized for hiring veterans. The 2010 CEAC annual conference will take place in Ontario, California, May 5, 6 & 7, 2010. The awards breakfast will take place on Friday morning, May 7.
- Each California Veteran Representative submit a nomination eligible to receive the Outstanding Veterans Employer of the Year Award that that is presented at the annual CEAC Conference.
- For applications and criteria information please visit the CEAC website at ceac.org.
- Each California Veteran Representative attend or participate in local Stand Downs for homeless veterans. The list Stand Downs in California is published in the following websites:
- Each California Veteran Representative log in on http://www.ceac.org to keep updated on the activities of the CEAC Veterans Committee.
- Each California Veteran Representative become a doer, achiever, decision maker and molder of opinion. Submit your list of activities (June 30th – July 1st) to share with other VR members in the State. This information will be listed on the CEAC website and shared with CEAC board members.