The purpose of the San Mateo County Employer Advisory Council (EAC) is to advise the EDD of means by which to provide effective employment services that are responsive to the needs of our local communities. The Council is also an avenue by which managers keep abreast of current trends and practices in the areas of personnel, administration, and management.
The EAC provides managers and others with ideas and information to profitably serve their organizations and themselves, and to strengthen their management competence and professional growth. At the chapter level, fellow members share knowledge and experience on a wide variety of issues.
Local EAC chapter meetings offer an opportunity to develop a broad base of personal contacts with other members concerned with similar issues. The result is an exchange of ideas of inestimable value.
In 2017, the San Mateo County EAC is sponsoring monthly seminars from highly regarded employment law and human resources experts. The schedule of events are as follows:
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017 – Labor Law Update 2017
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017 – Fair Pay Act – $50/member, $60/non-member
For more information or to make reservations, contact Hanry Simonians at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 650-688-6331.
Employers are invited to become members of the EAC. The 2017 membership dues are $50 (a portion of the proceeds sponsor the San Mateo County EAC Scholarship Program, designed to encourage and assist individuals to further develop their education or careers). Benefits of membership include:
- Free access to the Management Hotline, a consultation service provided by an employment law attorney
- Reduced cost to attend all of the seminars (see list of events above)
- Free and immediate assistance listing your job openings on the CalJOBS system (EDD)
- Free space and assistance with EDD for recruitment, interviewing, and placement efforts
- Opportunities to network with other business professionals
- Discount on all compliance posters, including the new USERRA poster required by the Veteran’s Benefits Improvement Act of 2004
- And many more..
Click here for the San Mateo County EAC Membership Application.
Please download the San Mateo County EAC Membership Application, complete and mail it with check (payable to San Mateo County EAC) to the address on the application.